Thank you for your interest for studying at Espoo music institute! This year there were about 540 applicants. There wa about 110 available places for new pupils and 100 places for preparatory instruments groups (worksops and Musicladders). The applicants from Espoo were a priority.
Those in the queue will be contacted if vacancies appear.
BASIC INFORMATION ABOUT STUDIES AT THE BASIC LEVEL (not Music Ladders or workshops)
EMO’s main artistic training and education is based on a wide range of studies. Its pedagogical curriculum consists of instrumental teaching, music theory and ensemble activity, including playing in orchestras. This might at some point require from the student several weekly lessons. It goes without saying that progress in instrumental training demands also regular practicing at home. There is no hurry purchasing the instrument in advance. Teacher will advice you to find the right kind of an instrument. Pianists need a proper acoustic piano from the very beginning of their studies.
MUSIC LADDERS – one year preparatory music groups
Music Ladders offers children an opportunity to explore music hobby in a group (6-8 children) for a one school year. During the weekly lessons (45-60 min) children will rehearse basic music skills with an instrument and enjoy making music together. Families may loan the instrument (except the keyboards) for rehearsing the instrument at home.
Workshops are preparatory instrument lessons in 2-4 pupils groups for 1-2 years.
INQUIRIES ABOUT THE ENTRANCE EXAMINATION RESULTS
More detailed information about the results will be given on 11th and 12th of September at 13.00-15.00, tel. 09 816 57263, vice principal Marja Korpi. The office will not be able to give any information about the results.
ENROLLING TO GROUPS IN EMO
- EMO rhythmic groups are available to all. Students can register online at emo.fi
- Children under the age of 7 years can register online for Music Play School groups online at emo.fi
INSTRUMENTAL TEACHING ELSEWHERE
- Instrument teaching in Espoo: espoo.fi>> kasvatus ja opetus >> Taiteen perusopetus
- You´ll might find a private teacher in Sibelius-Academy student´s page: https://taiyo.fi/taiteilijapankki/opettajat/
- Inquiries about private teachers can be made starting September 3rd in the EMO Office. You´ll might find a private teacher via musaedu.com
- Sibelius Academy´s seeks new pedagogy pupils between May 14th until 14th August, find information http://www.uniarts.fi/siba/pedagogiikan-harjoitusoppilaat